I haven’t been posting here regularly since last summer/fall when I was training for the Steamtown Marathon. But here I am, 16 weeks out from the Portland Marathon, so I’ll start doing weekly training logs again!
This will be my third marathon. Here are some random thoughts and intentions for this training cycle:
- I’m using NYRR’s Virtual Trainer program this time.
- I’ll have much more free time on weekends this go-round, so hopefully less stress about squeezing in long runs.
- 4 runs per week, plus a goal of 2 rock climbing sessions, 2 bike sessions, and light yoga/strength work.
- I’ve been meat-free, other than occasional fish, for a year and a half now, and I want to stay focused on eating healthy while training (no, cutting out meat doesn’t automatically make your diet healthy!)
- Weekday morning runs have been working really well for me (thanks to an awesome running buddy) so I’ll continue with that.
- In the interest of getting up early (see above), no alcohol on weeknights, unless I’m out with friends.
- I hope I can knock at least a half hour off my previous marathon time, bringing it down from just under 5 hours to around 4 and a half.
My husband, my dad, and a friend are also all running Portland – first marathon for all of them. This is going to be an awesome adventure!